Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have a 2008 550 sl mercedes with 56000 miles I had the

i have a 2008 550 sl mercedes with 56000 miles I had the brakes done 14 months ago and I am getting intermittently a brake wear on tyhe warning panel am I in for another 1600 brake job? I only drive the car 4000 miles a year

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- i doubt the brakes went bad again

2- you have a false warning , most likely the Brake pad sensors

3- or One of the brake calibers could be getting stuck & not baking out all the way keeping the pad on rotor while brake nit applied and wearing out one side

4- is there any noises coming from the brakes when driving or braking ?

5- can you tell me what did the brake job last time ,the parts replaced, did you replace brake pads & brake rotors and brake pad sensors or just brake pads ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Chad thanks for your response they replaced everything pads rotors and sensors the cost was over 1800 dollars
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There is no sound or is there any reduced braking so far

hey how are you

you welcome , just seen your reply sorry for the wait

i would suggest taking in it and have the brakes cleaned from brake dust using brake parts cleaner especially the brake pad wear sensors they installed , in some cases the brake dust on the brake wear sensor might be giving a false signal and having that light on panel but the brakes are actually fine especially if you said brakes are working fine

that procedure should only be 2 hours labor .

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
chad one more question - what is entailed in a an A service? My instrument panel says I am to schedule one today?

hey how are you

Maintenance service indicator message The maintenance service indicator will notify you when the next maintenance service is due. Starting approximately one month before maintenance service is due, one of the following messages will appear in the multifunction display while you are driving or when you switch on the ignition (example service A): Service A in XXXXX miles (km) Service A in XXX days Service A Due now

NOTE: The Maintenance System in the vehicle tracks distance driven and the time elapsed since the last maintenance service and calculates other maintenance service work required, and calls for the next maintenance service accordingly. Refer to Maintenance / Condition/Indicator Based Maintenance Services for further information. Clearing the maintenance service indicator The maintenance service indicator is automatically cleared after approximately 30 seconds: - after you have switched on the ignition - after you have reached the maintenance service threshold while driving You can also clear the maintenance service indicator message yourself.

- Press the reset button (1) on the instrument cluster. The maintenance service indicator is cleared and the standard display appears in the multifunction display. Maintenance service term exceeded If you have exceeded the suggested service term, you will see the following message in the right multifunction display: Service A exceeded by XXXX miles (km) Service A exceeded by XXX days In addition, a signal sounds when the message appears. Calling up the maintenance service indicator

You can call up the maintenance service indicator display at any time to check when the next maintenance service is due. - Switch on the ignition. - Press Next Menu or Previous Menu button on the multifunction steering wheel repeatedly until the standard display appears in the multifunction display. - Press DOWN or UP arrow buttons until the maintenance service indicator display with the service symbol (wrench icon) appears in the left multifunction display and the service deadline appears in the right multifunction display. NOTE: If the battery supplying the vehicle's electrical consumers is disconnected, the days of disconnection will not be included in the count shown by the maintenance service indicator. To arrive at the true maintenance service deadline, you will need to subtract these days from the days shown in the maintenance service indicator message or maintenance service indicator display. Do not confuse the maintenance service indicator with the engine oil level indicator.

i will send you the service A list of service that is done at service in few minutes

Vehicle Service Inspection A ( they will inspect all the system listed below

A thorough inspection helps ensure trouble-free operation between services. This inspection is designed to uncover present and potential problems with your vehicle.

Vehicle Information

Invoice No:

Road Test

Problem Area

Technicians Comments

Lights: Interior, Warning

Wipers & Washers

Instruments & Controls

Turn Signals & Flashers

Headlight & Foglights

Other Exterior Lighting

Heater & A/C Operation

Engine Performance

Turbo Boost Operation

Shock Absorber Function

Transmission, Clutch

Wheel Balance

Under Hood

Problem Area

Technicians Comments

Fluid Levels

Drive Belts

Battery & Connections

Starter Operation

Charging System ___ Volts

Idle Speed

Throttle Position Sensor

Valve Adjustment

Intake System

Fuel Delivery System

Ignition System

Ignition Cables

Exhaust Emissions

HC______PPM CO______%

Cooling System

A/C Mounting & Hoses

Under Car

Problem Area

Technicians Comments

Steering Gear, Tie Rods

Ball Joints, Control Arms

Wheel Bearings

Rear Suspension

Engine Mounts

Engine Seals

Transmission Seals

Clutch/Trans Linkage

Driveshaft, U-Joints

Drive Axles, CV Joints

Exhaust System

Real Axle

Thank You For The rating :)

IF you need my assistance in future on a different issue , just start your question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) & they will send it to me

or There will be a tab on your screen if you enter my profile ,that says Request this expert again , either way will work.