Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 550 sl 2008 and my intstrument panel says i am 7

Customer Question

I have a 550 sl 2008 and my intstrument panel says i am 7 days away from my B service but i have 56,000 miles on the car?
JA: Are you fixing your 550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I was going to take it to the dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks very much !
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

A services are every 10k miles or 1 time a year and

B services are every 20k Miles or every 2nd year.

what is the question you have about the service?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what does it entail ansd what should I expect to pay for it ?

ok, thanks for replying, i will send you over the sheet that we follow for the service guidelines. depending on the time and mileage it can vary from 300$ to 800$ also depending on the dealer. they all do not charge the same. i will forward you the sheet. Lou P.

here it is.

its hard to say what the exact cost would be as we usually check over the car and see if wear and tear items are needed as well. so in essence if you just bought the car or dont know the service history, then you start with a oil change and have them look over the car to see where the car stands and then go from there. hope this helps, Lou P.

any questions please let me know. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.