Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have this code in my car: Attn Lou P

I have this code in my car:Attn Lou P

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, what's next?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already cleared that code a few times and it comes back after a while

wait is this still for the lock issue?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, this is something else
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's another issue but it's the same car

OK, what is the code,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Buddy, is in the picture that I sent you

I dont have a picture on this chat?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
P0012
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A camshaft position sensor - timing over retarded bank 1

ok,

checking

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

sorry man, no need to keep responding like that i see when you respond, last night i got tied up and could not respond, i think you just need a cam solenoid, i am attaching the info in my next message.

you need to change the cam magnet if the only engine code you are getting is the p0012, the magnet fixes the code almost all the time, in rare instances the adjuster needs replaced. that is a involved job. hope this helps., Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I disconnect the magnet plug
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The conector
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's hard and I don't want to brake it

the small grey tab is a lock release, pop the grey tab up slightly then you can press the release for the connection.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where is the release located?

ill get you a picture.

us a small flat head screwdriver and pry gently up on the grey tab then it will click and allow you to press it in and release the connector.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got to lift it up, but where do I press? On the lower grey part?

ok so the release flexes like any other connector, the grey tab slides in between the flexing part, so once the grey pops up, you can then press in on the black part just under the grey tab to see it flex to release the magnet.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, thanks.

no problem, let me know if you get it or not. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.