MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Passenger windows will not operate driver side works 07

Customer Question

passenger windows will not operate driver side works 07 s550
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes it worked yesterday
JA: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. i installed a new a new master switch and door module and it does the same driver window works fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

do you mean both front and rear passenger windows do not operate?

or just the front window?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All passenger windows do not operate driver window works fine.

ok what about the drivers rear window?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Doesn't work I checked all the motors in doors and they work. But nothing works when pressing the switches

do any of the switches on any door work or are you just trying to get them to work from the drivers switch?

so does the drivers master switch work the passenger windows or do the windows not work no matter what switch is being used. ?

i know this sounds repetitive i want to be on the same page because all modules operate off different power supplies. so its odd that you would have issues with more that one window. if that is the case then the car has a communication issue, and we need a scan tool to check for codes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried all the switches the only one that works is the driver switch. One time I pushed the back window switch and the blinds went down but didn't go back up. Tested all motors on windows and blinds and there all working.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As I stated before I replaced the master switch and the driver DCM
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it just does the same thing only the driver window is operational

ok, thanks, ***** ***** :) let me get the diagram up. do you have a scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No

was the battery disconnected at all before this happened?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well what type of scan tool

one that can read more than the engine control unit, like a high end snap on, or mercedes scan tool.

ok lets try something, on your drivers door handle and passenger door handle on the front doors, should be a small little square lens, do you see it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

ok press and hold the unlock button on the remote while pointing directly at that square. after a few seconds the windows and or blinds and sunroof should open

sorry for my delays i am also going over the diagram to see what we can try. again the bad part is that all the windows work individually so if none work then there can be a communication issue and there is nothing we can do for this without the proper scan tools.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok wow a waste of money thank u anyway.

woah hang on, dont be that way

that was uncalled for, i am trying to help here.

did you even try the key thing yet?

that would tell me what is going on .

i love when people say waste of money, so if i enlighten you to exactly what is happening that is not worth anything, you would rather keep guessing and spending money on parts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not trying to be rude just saying I didn't get any questions answered. This is why I came to yo all for answers your the master techs. Thanks again I'll just take it to Mercedes

this is frustrating because i am spending my time here trying to help you and that is what i get in return.

if you would just try a few things we can see what is happening. that can save you in the future.

you can at least go to the dealer with as much info to help them diagnose it quicker. but your call. im here if you want my help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried the one thing u said that didn't work. You also told me there was nothing you could do to help.

i said that there was a possibility of it being a communication issue , and if that was the case then without a scan tool it would be near impossible to diagnose this. ok, well i will opt out, i wish you luck at the dealer. take care. sorry this was not a quick and easy diagnosis.