Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

GL 350... 16 starts light went on so took to the dealer...

Customer Question

GL 350... 16 starts light went on so took to the dealer... they filled the DEF... a week later the 16 starts light came on again... for about an hour then went off... its on again
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The check engine light as well as the AD Blue 16 starts left light
JA: Are you fixing your GL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am on a vacation... took the car to the dealer two weeks ago because the same warning lights were on... they filled the DEF tank and the lights went off... they are on again and I am no mechanic... there is no indication of fluid leaking out and when I look in the DEF tank I can see liqwuid
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no Sure, I won't by a Benz again!!!
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

the def system in all diesels is a huge issue at the moment. if the check engine light is on with the remaining starts light then there is an issue with the adblue system, there have been tons of issues with heaters and level sensors. this system is still not perfected and is very troublesome, consumers are better off with gasoline issues, as the expense of the adblue and repairs outside of warranty will negate any fuel savings that are advertised. i will not be able to tell you what is wrong without fault codes, you do however need to see a dealer asap or the car will be locked out of starting after the 16 starts. they need to get this rectified sooner than later, hope this helps, Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.