Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

My screed says no satellite radio available when I press the

Customer Question

My screed says no satellite radio available when I press the satellite radio button and Sirius tried to send the signal but could not initiate it. Was satellite radon an option that I don't have or is it just not working?
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No. Is there a fuse just for the satellite function of the radio and if so wher is it?
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2006 E350.
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I would not try to fix it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. How can I get blue tooth and Ipod to work with my system.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Mercedes installed the radio/command units in the dash that had the satellite radio functions but not all components were installed on these models.So it may have the button but with this message this indicates that the actual satellite radio components were not installed unfortunately.They did this so that at a later date if a customer wanted it installed a dealer could retro fit this to your model to give you satellite radio.

Same with the phone kit.It most likely has the phone option but the actual kit or blue tooth puck was not installed.You can tell by opening your center console between the front seats and see if you see a Mercedes blue tooth puck similar to below or the connector similar to below.If you do not then the wiring needs retrofitted to make this work and a puck purchased.This goes for Ipod as well this is also a kit that comes from a dealer.

If you do not have the phone kit installed or puck this all needs retro fitted by a dealer unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do you have an idea of what the approximate cost of these upgrades would be?
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

I dont have a correct amount as dealers cary in cost.The Ipod kit (if available for your model) can run around $300 to $500 and the phone completer kit with puck is usually over $1000 as well as the satellite radio as the receiver is expensive in some cases.All together maybe around $2500 to have installed or slightly more unfortunately.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete