Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

I have a 2009 GL450 SUV that the passenger side seat has

Customer Question

I have a 2009 GL450 SUV that the passenger side seat has become progressively more loose feeling so that it rocks when I have to brake suddenly. When I took it to my son in law's shop he says the problem is a rail frame and that it is bent and one piece and I should take it in to the MB dealership. I see $$$$ in my future. My husband is very competent and my son in law as well. Should I just order a new railframe or is this something a dealership only should attempt.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

replacing seat parts are not that hard, just tedious, any one that is mechanically inclined will be able to replace the components needed. if you give me your vin i can see if there is actually a repair kit for the seat frame ,its odd that it would be bent, usually just bushings wear out causing excess movement. Lou P.