Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

Have a O2 sensor B1 S2 fault on my 1996 C280. Is this the

Customer Question

have a O2 sensor B1 S2 fault on my 1996 C280. Is this the rear sensor located on top of exhaust just past cat and in front of muffler?
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: Yes they are and car has 205,000 miles on it.
JA: Are you fixing your C280 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing it myself but had the diagnostic for check engine light done at a reputable import repair shop and O2 B1 S2 came up on diagnostic computer he used.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Evap purge flow sensor also showed low voltage and I am planning on replacing this. Car starts great when cold but once it is shut off and start it when warm it starts but does not idle up and will shut off unless you tap throttle immediately after warm start. Car runs great and still getting over 26 mpg on highway. It idles smooth and normal at stops and when parked and running. It is only on warm starts that I have issues.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

The bank one sensor #2 is the one downstream of the converter. See the link below for the location diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/HO2S%20%232%20Oct%2010.pdf