Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

We are towing a trailer with a Mercedes Sprinter the high

Customer Question

Hi we are towing a trailer with a Mercedes Sprinter the high top long body and the trailer lights are flashing while we are driving but they stopped flashing when you put on the break and are just solid lights we are on a long trip they have been doing it since we started about an hour ago is this a dangerous thing or is this going to be ok to drive
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Is this a new trailer wiring or have you had it for a while Is the trailer new to the car wiring ?Most asian and or European vehicles have an adapter modual for the trailer wiring to seperate the signal brake and tail lights from feed back .I suspect if the wiring has worhed before and not now that that uint is faulting out and needs replacing.But before you do you can check all connections and grounds for the trailer wiring. make sure every thing is tight and no corrosion.