MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a2001 mercedes benz S500 I have replased the front

Customer Question

I have a2001 mercedes benz S500 I have replased the front struts both or all three level sensors . the airmatic take to shop light is on. the car is level! but I can't seem to get the car to adjust for riding on different surfices, I will pay the $30 bucks you are asking if you will tell me whether or not you know what is wrong. I don't want to pay for guesses. let me know if you think you have the answer,thanks
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

what you asking for answer not being a guess will require more info from you

the shocks & sensors replaced is good as long as there connection is good on the sensor and not causing the light to stay on and can switch mode

but assuming the job is done right that leaves the

ABC module ( Active Body control module)

LOCATION

In fuse and relay box, left side

This module control the suspension programming , if you cant switch modes

a star scanner or equivalent will be necessary to confirm and you don't want guesses

if that shop has the a capable scanner he can pull up that data and actually control the suspension and test the shocks the sensors & the module itself

The dealer will charge 1 hour labor and you can be sure ,it will be $100 at least .

now you want confirmation For $30 ,for something should cost $100 to confirm .

Hope you can see my point that the confirmation request is not possible from me especially if i m not next to the car and using my scanner to confirm

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
first it does not have the abc on the base model which this is, so all connections are in working order write back with another idea.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no, it does not work for me I have had it on the small scanner and every thing is hooked up for at least the small $10,000.00 scanner but I wanted to know if you being a certified Mercedes tech if you had perhaps had an idea how to reset the ecu?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
chad ole buddy,I appreciate you trying to guess but I gave you the circumstances. I would like to know if this has come up before but you are not a suspension specialist on Mercedes, I need a specialist with full knowledge of the airmatic systems on the 2000 to 2006 S500
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I,ll buy you a big mack, but I need a Mercedes suspension specialist! I didn't see one on the list but I have enough knowledge to have done all that has been done except had it on the $100,000.00 Mercedes hook up that tells you about 100 different codes it might be! I WAS TRYING TO FIND ONE OF THE SPECIALIST THAT ACTUALLY HAS HAD THIS PREDICAMENT COME UP. IT WILL COST ABOUT $300 A CODE.

i will opt out on this one good luck