Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Mercedes Benz W210 E240 2001 182k km 2.6l vs W211 E320 v6

Customer Question

Mercedes Benz W210 E240 2001 182k km 2.6l vs W211 E320 v6 209k km 3.2l.
I would like to know which is a better buy, which model is better. It will be used as a family car. Intend to keep it for 8-10 years (if possible).
I want to know about services, items that often break and how much does it cost to repair/replace. Any stability issues or wobbling on the road especially at high speed.
Are there any parts that need replacement at that sort of mileage? How expensive is it. Any engine issues, suspension, brakes, pipes, cambelts (if any), electronics by the engine and by the interior and everything else.
Thank you.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 18 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** of these cars use the same M112 engine it just that the 2001 is a smaller displacement engine than the 2005. The M112 engine was an excellent engine for Mercedes. As long as the car was serviced regularly the engine should last well into the 400k km range. I personally like the W211 model over the W210. It comes down to personal preference. The W211 is more advanced but will also be more expensive to repair. Both cars are exceptionally stable on the road. In the long run, the W210 will be less expensive to maintain.

Let me know if you have any questions.