Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have an unrelated question. My car has the smell of

Customer Question

Hi Juan, I have an unrelated question. My car has the smell of gasoline most of the time, but it is so slight that I cannot locate it. Is there a special instrument that will help me find it? I found gas detectors but I don't think they will work for gasoline odors. Or, will they?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 2 months ago.

Hi there.

There are some handheld detectors out there like the one made by Robinair (click here to view), but as you can see, they're a bit expensive. It might be a cheaper option for you to take the car to a shop that has a console-type gas analyzers with a long hose and probe and let them find that leak for you.

Best Regards.