Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I have an unrelated question. My car has the smell of

Customer Question

Hi Juan, I have an unrelated question. My car has the smell of gasoline most of the time, but it is so slight that I cannot locate it. Is there a special instrument that will help me find it? I found gas detectors but I don't think they will work for gasoline odors. Or, will they?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 17 days ago.

Hi there.

There are some handheld detectors out there like the one made by Robinair (click here to view), but as you can see, they're a bit expensive. It might be a cheaper option for you to take the car to a shop that has a console-type gas analyzers with a long hose and probe and let them find that leak for you.

Best Regards.