Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have mercedes s 430 2001, yes asb on bas esp on abs light

Customer Question

HI I have mercedes s(###) ###-####
JA: Are you fixing your 430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes asb on bas esp on abs light on code steering angel sensor i changed i changed yaw sensor all fuse good i change brake switch
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: abs all the time
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: other one after start yes
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- is the steering angle sensor calibrated , did you perform it using a star scanner or equivalent ?

2- after these 2 sensors and brake switch replacement what other fault codes left in the abs module ?

3- what scanner you have now ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
verus i calibrated steering angle sensor i changed brake switch code c1504 i cant reset
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no communication distronic

ok give me few minutes let me look so,me thing up be right back

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok

AR46.10-P-0300-01I Activate steering angle sensor - 203 - 209 up to 31.5.04 - 215 - 220 - 230 up to 14.1.04 - 463.246 up to 30.5.04 - 463.249 up to 30.5.04 If the battery was disconnected or the voltage supply to the steering angle sensor was interrupted, the E and BAS control unit (with model 203, 209 and 463) or the ESP, SPS [PML] and BAS control unit (with model 215, 220 and 230) switches to malfunction mode. The message "EL. STAB. PROGRAM GO TO GARAGE" appears on the multifunction display. The steering-angle sensor must be re-activated to clear the malfunction. Activating steering angle sensor 1 Start engine and run at idling speed. 2 Turn the steering wheel from one lock position to the other, then center it. The message "EL. STAB. PROGRAM GO TO GARAGE" disappears from the multifunction display. 3 Switch off engine.

ABS/ESP Indicator Lamp Illuminated / Fault Code C1140 and/or C1540 If you receive customer reports in the above model vehicles that the ABS/ESP indicator lamp is illuminated with fault code C1140 and/or C1504 (steering angle sensor not initialized), perform the below steps to resolve. Under no circumstance should the steering angle sensor or ESP control unit be replaced in an attempt to address this condition. Note: These fault codes may be the result of temporary voltage dips after start-up. Since the steering angle sensor is extremely sensitive to voltage changes, it is absolutely essential to use an oscilloscope (STAR Diagnosis system) with the smallest possible time graduation to collect data at a high frequency in order to obtain the most accurate measurement. 1. Check the on-board power supply voltage at the steering angle sensor during vehicle start-up. 2. Inspect the steering angle sensor connectors and harness for any loose contact and/or corrosion and correct as necessary.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok i ll be go step by step i ll let you know thank you very much good nite
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i check tbs but problem not there i need dig steering angle wireing dig pls not all data because i have all data in my shop i check sam between connector in rocker panel connector power is there wire color wrong wire color blue and red fuse ok wire not broken i checked

hey i m sorry

i cant find the diagram you need for steering

I will open up the question for another expert to help you on it

I m sorry , good luck

Chad

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you may be problem under steering wheel i want to check steering angle sensor connector any way thank you for your help