Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

Command system will not respond. The Mercedes logo displays

Customer Question

Command system will not respond. The Mercedes logo displays continually and the radio is on and volume is controllable but you can not move to a different present or change to compass/navigation/etc. Checked fuses and everyone seems to be ok
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes . One in rear compartment and one off of glove box
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 07 ml350
JA: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to DIY. Checked fuses is as far as I have gone
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Any suggestions?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

most times when this happens there is a software update that is needed and that is all, the only problem with that is it can only be done at a dealer with an update disc and the dealer scan tool .

about the only thing we can do is pull the fuse to the audio components and see if we can reset it. ill get the fuse locations.

ok pull fuse 25 in the rear hatch fuse box on the passenger side of the trunk, see if pulling the fuse and reinserting it will reset the radio for the time being, whether it works or not the radio will still need to be checked for an update,. we didnt really replace a lot of these radios we usually just had to update the software in the audio systems , the update can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours depending on how many systems need updating. however you should only be charged one hour of labor for hooking up the scan tool and activating the update process and monitoring it, so make sure they are not trying to charge more than that. maybe a max of 2 hours for diagnosis and update if anything. hope this helps. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.