Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2005 sl500. Doors won't lock or unlock and trunk

Customer Question

I have a 2005 sl500. Doors won't lock or unlock and trunk can only be opened manually. Fuse 71 is ok
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

ok so did you actually pull the fuse out ? if you did the pse pump should have reset and started working in the meantime, if that is what you did and nothing changed then the pse pump may have failed or it may have corrosion in the connection, did you remove the pse and check the plugs? its under the hydraulic pump on the left side of the trunk inside the grey foam (should be grey). lets check that. Lou P.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I pulled the fuse and reinserted it. How do I remove the pse and what am I checking for

ok if you pull up the spare tire cover the hydraulic pump is held down with 4 nuts, then you can pull that up and you will see the pse pump under that, its pretty easy to get too. then you unplug the ELECTRICAL plugs not the yellow lines. we are looking for green or white power or goop in the connections. if there is then that is bad.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will try tomorrow AM and get back to you

ok , any questions please let me know, also you want to check both batteries to make sure you have proper voltage, we always always want to make sure we have proper battery voltage. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

heres the benz info for removing the hydraulic pump, no need to disconnect any hydraulic lines, there should be enough room to swing it out of the way.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Lou,
Just answer just charged my credit card for the remainder. I did not authorize this. You have not solved my problem. Please reverse this charge