Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. troubleshooting, diag. electrical, collision

Front end on drivers side dropped low, 2004 E500, No, it is

Customer Question

Front end on drivers side dropped low
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2004 E500
JA: Are you fixing your E500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No , it is old and I have another, my nanny uses it to take my girls to school she doesn't have to use her own car. I am just trying to get an idea if this is a big problem or easily guxabke
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Fixable
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Does it sit low after being parked?

Does it pump back up again after starting?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Sorry Jerry. I'm really not sure bc I just noticed it in the garage when I got home yesterday. I did not try to start it or move it? The nanny did not notice anything when she was driving.....and I think she would have based on how low it is sitting now!

I see, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That is most likely to be in the driver's side strut assembly.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Did you get that?