sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a mercedes benz 1995 e320 convertible. The sun visor

Customer Question

I have a mercedes benz 1995 e320 convertible . The sun visor by the yr. The mirrow Vanity plastic was coming out of peaces, need to reemplace for other Vanity. I all ready purchase other complete visor different color but I see went I try to take out from the sun visor the vanity, has a wire under the glass and inside the material, a cable that I believe supply the electric to the light on the visor venity I am planing to bring to the eléctric person that work with car, bouth have the wire. My Question is can be posible cut bouth wire to dont take out the inside wire in the sun visor and conecte together to used vanity visor for perfect funtion of the light in the vanity that have the right color and is the original that bring with my car? Appreciated you respond Lourdes.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It appears you're hoping to be able to cut the wires on both visors and then splice them back together when installing the new visor rather than unplug the connectors? Yes, that would work as long as the splicing is done safely. The connections should be soldered and sealed with heat shrink and when installing the visor they would need to ensure that the wiring couldn't be pinched or rubbed in any way to short to ground or the wires to each other.