Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

When driving, it seems to want to stall out when I come to a

Customer Question

when driving, it seems to want to stall out when I come to a stop, or press gas, it will sometimes not catch.. has not shut down yet, but the check engine light just came on .. e320 2005
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: on
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet, wanted to see before going to chk engine light code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

One of the biggest causes for an almost stall out and not wanting to accelerate when pressing on the gas pedal is an issue with a weak fuel pump or restricted fuel filter.What needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set with this issue here.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.This can be done by most shops or a dealer.In some cases you can get the fault codes read out at no cost to you from a local parts store like Auto Zone but they usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete