Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

2005 Mercedes CLK500. Installed new A/C compressor, worked

Customer Question

2005 Mercedes CLK500. Installed new A/C compressor, worked for 2 days and quit. Ran test, no codes, faulty compressor. Replaced with another new one, same result. Replaced SAM, figured signal might be bad damaging the compressor. Signal to compressor good, ground good, no codes. Compressor won't create pressure. Don't want to hang third compressor on car. What am I missing?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 26 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** the inside of the suction hose and see if it is collapsed.

Expert:  Marty replied 26 days ago.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Sounds like that may be it. Hose looks bad, cut into it, don't see a blockage but I can see how under right pressure/suction it could collapse. Will have new hose in the morning and then run it. Thanks, we'll message you in the a.m.
Expert:  Marty replied 25 days ago.

Sounds good. I'll wait to hear from you.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Installed the new hose and still have the same problem. Think now it may be an obstruction in the expansion valve. Have a good weekend. If you come up with anything else, let me know.
Expert:  Marty replied 24 days ago.

Hi Axel, you definitely seem to have a blockage somewhere. The best thing to do would be to open the system up and flush through all of the components. Expansion valve, evaporator, drier and condenser are all possibilities.

Expert:  Marty replied 13 days ago.

Hi Axel, just checking in. Did you get the a/c problem figured out?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Problem ended up being the alternator. The one-way clutch was bad and causing an issue with the compressor. Changed it out and all is working fine. Thanks for your help though.
Expert:  Marty replied 11 days ago.

Good find! I'm surprised he wasn't having charging system issues! Glad you got it squared away.