Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I am getting the stop car too low message sometimes when I

Customer Question

I am getting the stop car too low message sometimes when I am driving. It will come on and then go off.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2006 CLS55
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started happening this weekend while I was driving. havent done anything yes, but would love to fis it myself if possible
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: headlights are on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have recently replaced my aux battery. The service brakes warning message came on as well
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

how low has the car gotten that you noticed and was a certain axle low? the front or rear axles?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I pulled over the front was low. Still over the tires and not as low as it gets after it is turned off for a while. It was the front. The warning would come on when I was driving and then go off.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the service the brake warning came on about the same time
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is staying on

ok so those are 2 different issues, just a coincidence.

for the brake warning can you send me a picture of the warning so i can tell you what may be the issue?

also for the suspension,. do you hear the compressor come on when the car is first started?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am currently at work and away from the car so I cant send a pic. I do hear the compressor come on and the car does raise.

OK, so far so good, for the picture you can send it to me when you get the chance

so you have a leaking air strut. or a failing compressor if the front is lowering.

so you will need to get the air shocks replaced and have the compressor tested to make sure it is putting out correct pressure.