Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2014 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 2.1 L 2143 CC L4 Diesel

Customer Question

2014 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 2.1 L 2143 CC L4 Diesel 85,000 miles. VIN: WD3PE8DE7E5823307
Check engine light is on. Scan for codes came back with a P261F. What is it and what will it take to fix it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Lou!

so we need to check the coolant pump, its an auxiliary water pump. ill try and get you the location.

HERE is the location

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Lou, the code is a P261F71 when pulled via the Snap On Scanner. The P261F code was retrieved via OBDII. I also found thru the Snap On Scanner 2 other codes. They are P0299FA and P029FB. What would be the fix? Are there any TSB's or updates that may need to be done?

give me some time to check,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Lou, The image of the circulation pump does not match the vehicle I am working on. Please see attached. Will you be able to provide me any information soon?
sprinter.JPG'),url('/img/attachment/na.png')">2014 sprinter.JPG2014 sp...JPG
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Lou, I no longer need assistance and my question can be closed.
Ok sorry for the delay man. Family emergency and am not near my computer. This is not normal of me. Let me know what you want to do. I can opt out for another expert if you wish.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I hope all is well with you and your family. In regards ***** ***** question, I was able to locate the information in a Mercedes TSB that pertains to this vehicle and the DTC.
On gotcha. We are a Benz dealer with limited access to the smart and sprinter so I was waiting on a call back from a fellow sprinter tech about the tsb's even though I had access to the wiring (which is very generic) and locations (which are not updated regularly ) so , sorry I could not be of quicker help. I only take questions I know I can help with. Today was just a bad day for me and is not getting any better. Kids man lol. Sorry again. If you cannot rate positive then I understand. You can follow the customer service links if you want the question closed. Sorry again. Lou P.