Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Milky substance which is mixed with water coolant at oil

Customer Question

Milky substance which is mixed with water coolant at oil cap. Is it a major concern and how to solve it? Lastly foot break alarm is always occurring despite of replacement of break foot sensor, main break booster, break fluid and break pads are newly replaced. What are the other possibilities? Please help me.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? When was it last changed?
Customer: Yes, all breaks are as per recommended by the specs as well as MBNZ mechanics. Brought to MBNZ certified services here in UAE (EMC).
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2000- ML 320
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No , always an expert MBNZ mechanic.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: As of now those two are the major concerns. Just brought out from EMC with a huge service fee for the AC (Replace the ESP Control unit as well as the relay which now ok. But not able to solve the foot break alarm issue. Now when suppose to bring my son to school, checked before starting the car as my routine and observe that milky substance is too much at the oil coolant cap. Engine oil is also low.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already paid the required amount. I don't have access with live phone. Not allowed in my office.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I forgot my password ***** you sent a temporary password ***** is yp711gg.
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

Unfortunately I have some bad news for you. What you are describing is a blown headgasket, which is very serious and the vehicle should NOT be driven as further driving may very well cause the engine to seize completely. The head gaskets will need to be replaced and cylinder heads machined. In US dollars, this is a $4000 to $4500 repair, depending upon a shop's hourly labor rate.

For the brake alarm with all that has been replaced, the ECU may need to be reflashed to set the parameter correctly, but your major concern is the engine at this point with the blown headgaskets. I cannot emphasize it enough, do NOT drive it at this point. It needs to be towed to a repair facility

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.