MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

We have a c220 1996, and it has been running fine but will

Customer Question

We have a c220 1996, and it has been running fine but will not start lights flashing on mirror . She thinks she is being stolen. She only locks from the trunk. Has been that way for years. Remote for keyless entry has not worked for years...what do you suggest to help her start
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: We replaced that years ago..but it never worked even with new battery and until now has never been a problem
JA: Are you fixing your C220 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Locking unlocking disconnected battery cable
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We r fixing ourseld8
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

how many keys do you have for the vehicle? this may be hard to diagnose with one key, we always need 2 keys in the shop to diagnose a theft issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
3 keys 2 fobs

ok does the car crank at all?

is the radio factory radio?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
car cranks normally, just won't turn all the way over. Radio is still factory buy is not operational. The reason for this is the LCD display cannot be read so when battery was replaced we could not enter the code to reset it.

gotcha, just making sure as the old ones needed a ground wire to the radio to functions, i will have to opt out at this point, i cannot be here to assist an i dont want to hold up your progress, another tech should chime in .