MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I bought a new Mercedes E-350 in 2014. Since it was new,

Customer Question

I bought a new Mercedes E-350 in 2014. Since it was new, almost every time we turn the car off, a fan noise comes from the engine compartment. It is not the engine fan. The whine can last as much as 4 1/2 hours, depending on how hot it is. We can open the door after it has set overnight and the whine starts. It may turn off after a short while.
We have taken it in numerous times to have it fixed, but they never find anything wrong. We even asked if a mechanic would take it home and park it in his garage on a hot day. They said they could not make the fan come on. We are tired of taking it in for repairs that never get done! This car seems to have mind of its own.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

William is there a way you can make a youtube video of the noise?

there are only a few things in the engine bay and the car that can make a fan type noise, so i think we can figure this out but we need to make sure of the location.