Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. troubleshooting, diag. electrical, collision
2947720

I have an 08 gl550. the problem started today. after turning

Customer Question

i have an 08 gl550. the problem started today. after turning the vehicle off, the hvac blower continues to run until it discharges the battery. i have tried every setting on the control panel to no avail.a couple of times i thought i had it to shut off and it paused for about 10 seconds, i heard a click and it was back on?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: it sounds like the passenger side dash area. it started today
JA: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?
Customer: gl550
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am going to have a local repair shop look at it, i live 200 miles away from my nearest m/b dealer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just what the probable cause and repair are
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

Labor time is about 2 hours, roughly $255 on the average.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f5ufo6tx7q2v6x/BLOWER%20WONT%20turn%20off.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

Did you get that?