MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 2009 CLS550 and the front door driver side handle

Customer Question

I have a 2009 CLS550 and the front door driver side handle sensor is bad. The rear door driver side is ok and I want to switch the two. I was able to easily take the front driver's side handle out easily. However, the rear driver's side is not as simple. I want to know if I take the rear driver's side door panel off will that give me access to the door handle screw to remove it...or is there a different operation?
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: When I walk up to the car and pull on the handle with the door locked and the keyless key in my pocket it does not open. The rear driver's side handle does work.
JA: Are you fixing your CLS550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Did you read my first entry?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

are you still needing help on this? sorry for the delay, i just came online and seen your question, i am not sure why others have not attempted to help, may be too difficult or no experience with the issue like i have.