Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

After I turn the car off between 5 and 20 minutes the

Customer Question

After I turn the car off between 5 and 20 minutes the electrical starts acting up. Flashing dash lights and clicking under the hood. When you open a door it stops. I pull relay K12 (Circuit 15) when i shut it off to keep this from happening.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: I have replaced every fuse and relay I think the problem was caused by the sun roof leaking over the inside fuse panel at the passengers feet
JA: What is the model of your '15 Mercedes?
Customer: ml430
JA: Are you fixing your ML430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have tried cleaning the fuse panel, I was told to check the ground connections
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

may i have your vin and build date on the drivers side door jamb sticker please?

also if you can elaborate more on when the issue started and what you have done and know so far?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

LEAVE k12 installed and pull fuse 26 and see if the car still acts up.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That seems to stop the issue as well
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never mind. I just went out and it was going crazy even the the F26 removed

ok so that is good news and bad news let me recheck the diagram to make sure.

ok so the AAM (all activity module) is what controls the relay on and off, since it is control module controlled the only way to know if its the module or another module that is waking up the aam we need a mercedes scan tool to see if there are any CAN DATA BUS faults.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a iCardoft MB 2 but do not know how to use it very well.
If you want to call and walk me through it I am good with that if you think it will find the problem.

ok i dont have one of those but a lot of my customers have them, i think there is a you tube video on this unit.

they are pretty easy to navigate, do you have iphone with facetime?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I ran the scan and diagnosed the AAM and it said; CAN bus communication control ME engine electrical component.
DTC status; current and stored. Then i hit read and it said; No DTCs
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You still there? My face time wont work at my driveway but i could drive somewhere else if necessary.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 30 days ago.

ok so we have a can communication issue that can be affecting the signals, you never did elaborate on the water issue and what happened to cause this.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
The drain hose for the sun roof was leaking on to the interior fuse panel at the passenger side floor. The guy I got the car from just parked it.

ok, i will have to opt out at this point, only because i cannot spend the time at the moment to help, my apologies, if this is not fixed when i return i will come back to help, your questions will be relisted for other techs to see.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I keep getting updates on my computer from a Mechanic but nothing there.