MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a red battery light on with #'s next to the pos/neg

Customer Question

I have a red battery light on with #'s next to the pos/neg symbols in the left display and a red brake light with a temp degree # in the right display. The battery and alternator were replaced in May. The car had not been driven for several months. I drove it around to get the comfort features restored but once they were restored these other lights came on.
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: No...and I do not have a clue how to do that...other than taking it to the dealer.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2007 SL550
JA: Are you fixing your SL550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not fixing it myself. I just planned to drive it...clearly I will be driving it to a repair shop.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Were both batteries replaced on this model here?If not which battery was replaced under the hood or in the trunk?

Let me know,thanks Pete