MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

When I start my 1999 ML350 the warning lights come on and

Customer Question

when I start my 1999 ML350 the warning lights come on and stay on and they will randomly turn off and on again as I am traveling.
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Mercedes Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: When I turn the ignition off the speedometer, fuel gauge and tach needles with vibrate and make a humming sound for at least 10-15 seconds after I remove the key.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: either park or neutral
JA: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything because I don't know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I fill up the tank the gauges reads empty until I use 1/4 of a tank and then the gauge starts to work properly.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's a ML320
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything been checked,tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this fault here?

Is the engine running properly and transmission shifting properly with this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.