cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years

I own a SmartCar, which I understand is made by Mercedes. I

Customer Question

I own a SmartCar, which I understand is made by Mercedes. I accidentally allowed a 53-pound object to hit the manual transmission of my SmartCar while driving. There isn't any apparent damage (yet,) but I'm wondering if this could have caused damage internally, and whether it could cause a dangerous scenario whereby in the future I'm driving but suddenly the manual transmission jumps from Drive to Reverse, or Drive to Neutral, or Drive to Gear 1, or something like that?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 month ago.

a 53 pound object isn't going to cause any internal damage your fine their is nothing to worry about if you need anything else please let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you.Now, is there any conceivable situation whereby a damaged manual transmission (if damaged) could suddenly jump from Drive to Reverse, or vice versa? Or Drive to Neutral?