Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Trying to fix a passengers seat stuck in recline on a W124

Customer Question

Hi. Trying to fix a passengers seat stuck in recline on a W124 (92 400e). Unbolted seat now I''m lost. It reclines back just not back in the normal position. Any help appreciated. Also...the lights on the odometer/gas/rpm quit working as well as cruise control....could this possibly all be fuse related? I looked at fuse box under hood...but if there are more fuses...I don't know where to look
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is an electric reclining seat and it moves back but not forward this can be an issue with the seat control switch itself or an issue with wiring to the seat recline motor.I would check the wiring for any issues and if o.k. have the seat recline track/mechanism checked for any issues needing repaired or replaced.If these are all o.k. I suspect the fault is with the switch itself needing replaced.

Usually the issues with the back light in the cluster is one or more bulbs burned out in the cluster needing replaced.This will need inspected further to see if this is the case here with bulbs needing replaced.

As for the cruise control this can be an issue with the cruise control switch,faulty brake switch or even an issue with speed sensor signals being faulty as this can disable the cruise.This will have to be checked into further to help pinpoint and repair the causes here but I dont see all of these as being related.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete