Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

2009 ML320 Bluetec, 150,000 miles. Codes P2457, P2202,

Customer Question

2009 ML320 Bluetec, 150,000 miles. Codes P2457, P2202, P203D, P205D. Reset and only code P2457 returned after about 120 miles of highway driving and 5-10 miles in-town driving. Other: using a small amount of oil -- about 1 quart in 7000 miles. Need help diagnosing.

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what I have located on this here this code can set when there is an issue with the diesel particulate filter itself or a pressure sensor in the exhaust system.In most cases this is the filter itself needing cleaned or replaced to correct this fault here.You will have to have this tested further to be sure of the cause and from there repaired/replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete