MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I havejust 1 question that I am willing to pay for. I really

Customer Question

I havejust 1 question that I am willing to pay for. I really do not need a membership.Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 2 months ago.

How can I help you tonight?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a S430 Mercedes Benz that is in good condition. I bought it used. However, I drove it over a distance of 20 miles without problems and parked it for the night. Next morning I tried driving the car and found out that the transmission is not changing.What do you think the problem could be.
Thanks

Sorry for the long delay, but you had closed the question and I had to wait for customer support to reopen it. When you shift to drive, does it take 1st gear right away or is there a delay?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry about the delay. I had to step away from the pc for a short time.When I select drive it takes it right away but,I can feel a slight jump in the transmission. When I move out and attempt to accelerate it sounds like the transmission is hung up in low drive and will not change out to a higher gear. This is lay mans explanation so, I hope I am getting my problem across.Thanks

Will it up shift if you move the shifter to low and then shift it manualy to second gear?