MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I have disconnected the battery, and now want to enter the

Customer Question

Hi - I have disconnected the battery, and now want to enter the security code. I have the correct code, but I do not know which button(s) to press or hold after I have entered the code and the first digit is flashing again. It is a Becker Le Mans 30
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: Hi Pearl. No I do not have any tools, I am a private individual. The vehicle was repaired and returned from the workshop asking for the code. I have done this before, and I wrote the correct code down. I know it is correct, but I have forgotten the procedure to reactivate the radio.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: It is fitted in a 1996 model Mitsibishi Cold pick-up
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The vehicle had to have a fault on the starter repaired, which is now working fine. I just need to get the radion going again.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope, thank you. I just need to know the procedure for putting in the security code please.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

can you send me a picture of the face of the radio?