Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

The ABS ESP Light comes on every few weeks and when it does

Customer Question

The ABS ESP Light comes on every few weeks and when it does the power steering doesn't function properly nor does the cruise control work. I have replaced the wheel speed sensors and think it's just a computer glitch. What computer needs to be replaced?
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: no, power steering is fine as soon as the light goes off
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2008 S550 4matic
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a mechanic and he has replaced the speed sensors and front struts
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, have a creaking noise from the front end that is unrelated. Have replaced upper control arms and lower front, I figured it's a bad bushing
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

1-Steering Column Module most likely

2- ABS module also needs checking

But i like to know if the ABS module & steering column module was scanned using a Mercedes star system or Equivalent & retrieved any fault codes from it ?

and what are they.

Creaking noise it could be a bushing, buy you a few cans of lithium grease and spray the under carriage , but raised on a car lift you should be able to see what bushing is bad .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat