Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2002 Mercedes CLK Convertible. There are two

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mercedes CLK Convertible. There are two "clamps" above the front windshield for the top to lock into when putting it put. The one on the drivers side is loose and rattles when going over bumps. Is there a way to tighten it up?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** are 3 screws that secure the lock to the windshield frame. Aside from the entire latch itself being loose there is nothing inside the latch to tighten. You will need to remove the upper windshield molding in order to access the screws. I can send the Mercedes workshop instructions for removing and installing the lock to your email. You will need to accept the additional service offer for the information upload.

Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in. Do you need anymore help with this? Was the information helpful?