Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a question about a 2009 mercedes r350 when you start

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a question about a 2009 mercedes r350 when you start it the car does not go into drive or reverse?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No they are not
JA: Are you fixing your R350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I'm not fixing it myself. but if I keep playing with the stick after sometime in goes into D and R but when you park it takes time before it goes in again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also when is in D and you drive it for about 15mins it shifts fine but when you park for a while it won't get into D or R
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** problem is typically caused by a fault with the Intelligent Servo Module located on the side of the transmission. The module is responsible for moving the transmission from park to reverse and drive and back again. You should get the car connected to the Mercedes tester to check the function of the shift lever and the module. Most of the time the fault is with the module but there is also the possibility that you are having a problem with the shifter itself. A replacement module is approximately $550 and takes about 3 hours to replace and program the module.

Let me know if you need anything else. Don't forget to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.