Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2002 Mercedes CLK 430. Climate control just stopped and does

Customer Question

2002 Mercedes CLK 430. Climate control just stopped and does not display
JA: Are you fixing your 430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had this problem before on a 320 and was able to fix it myself but that was 3 years ago and I can not remember the protocol
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, it just shut down with no display now. Not sure if I hit a button
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** the climate control panel went blank you should check the fuse for the panel. Fuse 20 and 26 in the main fuse box under the hood are for the climate control. Remove and inspect both fuses. If the fuses are not blown you can try reinserting them to see if the panel resets. If you have no success you will probably need to replace the climate control panel.

Let me know if you have any questions. Don't forget to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in. Do you need anymore help with this? Was the information helpful?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do not " ever " bill me again. Services are not worth the money. "PERIOD" ! Refund would be in order. Reason, " no explanation of what might cause the control head to shut down . Fuses could have been a probable cause. Your $ 31 answer ,not worth it. I do not and will not ask any more questions for fear of being billed. I EXPECT. NOT TO SEE ANY MORE CHARGES ON MY CARD. ( THE $26. Should Be Refunded )