Kevin, Master tech
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

I ordered a Mercedes C-300 with the grain center panel but

Customer Question

I ordered a Mercedes C-300 with the wood grain center panel but it was delivered with the black center panel. They said that I can take the car and that they would order the wood grain panels and install them later, so I did.
Not known to me or the dealer at the time was that all of the wood grain kits have a hole for a clock, which is located just under the CD player. So I said, OK install the clock but now the mechanic at Mercedes tells me that the clock will never work because the wiring harness for this was not equipped for the clock.
I would assume that all wiring harnesses for C class would be the same. is this true? Are they bull shitting me?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hi im kevin this is not always the case different looms are fitted dependent on trim level of car .either way dealer must take back car as it isnt up to standard or fit new loom to accomodate clock