Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

01 Ml320. disconnected and reconnected baterry....now I am

Customer Question

01 Ml320. disconnected and reconnected baterry....now I am getting the start error
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 220,000. yes i have scan tool
JA: Are you fixing your ML320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes did a full tune up. reconnected battery..and now star error....i only have tried leaving the key in, ....on, off....withbattery conneted and not...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes....i do not have a so called smart key
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

first thing we can try is to disconnect both battery terminals and touch them together for about 20 seconds. also make sure the key was off and out of the cylinder, then reconnect the battery positive first and negative last, and then lock and unlock the car with the remote. then see if it starts. the start error message has to do with the theft system, so either the key failed in the interim or you have a failure of the drive authorization system and the only way to diagnose that is with 2 keys and a mercedes scan tool. let me know if this helps, Lou P

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

hello, i have not heard from you at all, are you still having issues with the car?