Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2013 Mercedes GLK 250 bluetec has code P24C600 (the

Customer Question

2013 Mercedes GLK 250 bluetec has code P24C600 (the temperature sensor in the soot particulate sensor has an electrical fault). This is keeping the check engine light on. Can you tell me which sensor I need to replace. The car is a one owner and has 90k. Vin# *****
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also I have been going through a lot of DEF fluid and since the same time the CEL came on the car has been smoking pretty bad while driving and when I get out of the car the smoke and odor smell exactly like the DEF fluid. The smoke is coming out of the exhaust pipes in the back of the SUV

ok thanks for the added info, i am going over the diagrams now to get the sensor location.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you let me know if you can help me if not can I get moved to someone else please?
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

So sorry ! I am working on this now. My apologies.

been going over the info for the adblue system for the last half hour, i can see the fault code as well but it does not give me a sensor designation number, can you send me a screen shot of the code?

from what i can find its the differential pressure sensor, but with only three wires i dont know where it is going to get a temperature reading from. the pressure sensor is the sensor that has 2 rubber hoses going to the dpf

what kind of scanner are you using? i would like to have you unplug the differential pressure sensor to see if the same or similar code pops up that way we know its the correct sensor. the test steps after the code say all the same thing "no information available"

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you tell me which sensor that is and its location. I have star but it doesn't give me a picture of the sensor

click the button that says "tests" and let me see the next screen, im afraid it will tell me the same thing i see on my end, no test information available?

the dpf pressure differential sensor is the sensor that is connected to 2 rubber hoses that are coming off of the catalytic converter. my info does not show the location on the OM651 engine that you have,. just the older diesel.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it will not show me any more info. I tried that the other day before I used you

oh ok, just making sure. ok so did you locate the rubber hoses to the exhaust? follow them up to a sensor.

im trying to find a good picture, the problem is that the engine is still new and for some reason they did not update any of the locations in our star finder. ill get you as much info as i can find.

ok i circled the sensor that i think is the culprit,. we need to unplug it and see if the code that is thrown is similar.

here is the manual for your engine, you can see that the issue is not a direct easy answer one, there are quite a few temperature sensors, but the code you have does not point to an exact one, so we need to influence more codes by unplugging sensors to see which sensor makes a similar code.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I got the CEL remedied it was the soot particulate control unit. Part number was(###) ###-#### Problem is it still smokes very bad and the smell of DEF is so strong you can see it smoking going down the road. On the underside of each exhaust tip you can see the residue from the DEF where the exhaust has had so much in it it has ran out the tailpipes and crystalized on the underside of the exhaust tips. The only other code in the car is a 205C16 (The temperature sensor "Adblue tank" has a short circuit to ground) It is current and I can't erase it. What could be causing it to dump that much DEF?

If anything you may want to remove the dosing valve (adblue injector) that is clamped to the exhaust and make sure the injector is not leaking. The biggest problem with adblue is the crystallization , it clogs and also makes things stick open. If not that then your module that was bad may have been injecting adblue excessively.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could you send me a picture of the ad blue injector and its location? I'm not very familiar with the part. Have you ever had to replace one?

ill get a picture, but if you get under the car and follow the exhaust, its the only item connected before the converter that has a fuel style line attached to it and a 2 pin connector . and yes i have done a few that crystallized up .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did see it yesterday. It did have crystal residue on the outside of the injector. That is a sign it is bad?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It may be stuck open?

to tell if it is stuck open, leave the valve connected electrically but removed from the exhaust, turn the key on so the system pressurizes and see if you can see adblue dripping from it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I will check that in a few

ok, also i know i have not been the greatest at this chat, and i apologize, we have not had a lot of issues on the new engine although the adblue system has been around awhile. but if you can take a second to rate my service that would give me credit for helping. thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I started the car with the valve removed from the exhaust and nothing is coming out of it?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
still getting the code for the adblue temperature sensor what part is that exactly does it come all together in the tank or does it come in the pump repair kit?

the same code p24c600?

if there is no drip when the car is running then its not stuck open, you now need to activate it to see if it does a fine mist spray, it works just like a fuel injector.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The only other code in the car is a 205C16 (The temperature sensor "Adblue tank" has a short circuit to ground) It is current and I can't erase it

ok making sure. the temperature sensor is internal to the level sensor, its the whole module that is inside the tank, almost like a gm fuel pump assembly, except the pump is at the top of the assembly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
to be sure I am clear I need to buy the whole adblue tank or the pump only will fix that code I am getting?

neither, the level unit sits in the center of the tank and the pump mounts to the top of the level sensor.

where did you get that new part from that you recently installed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you read the post again I had two codes the part I replaced took care of one and now I have the one we are talking about for the adblue temp sensor. To make a long story short can you give me the part number your saying I need to replace.

did you not see the whole adblue manual i have given you? just asking because it is a wealth of information.

and i have went over the post there is nothing wrong with making sure we are on the same page.

ok here is the part number for what you need, i always suggest testing so let me know what you want to do.

A2044710575

here is the parts diagram

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.