Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Have 1999 S-320 with 90K miles. Well maintained and really

Customer Question

Hello: Have 1999 S-320 with 90K miles. Well maintained and really enjoy the car. Recently developed what I believe is a vacuum leak. Driver seat bolster will go on and off. Trunk chrome lid latch will protrude after a while. All doors pull shut as does the trunk lid. Have removed and replaced vav assist fuse in trunk right side panel. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks and regards, ***** ***** ***@******.***
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 months ago.

Hi, if the trunk handle protrudes after awhile the leak is probably in the vacuum servo for the handle. When the servo leaks it causes the handle to creep out over time. As far as the seat bolster is concerned the leaks are usually in the seats. Try turning the lumbar dial all the way off and see if anything changes. If it does you will need to test the chambers in the seat for leakage.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in. Do you need anymore help with this? Was the information helpful?