MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 90 420 sel with a 86 motor in it, i took it to a

Customer Question

i have a 90 420 sel with a 86 motor in it, i took it to a repair shop to get it diagnosed and they narrowed it down to the catalytic converter a put a new one on and now it's worse, i noticed this problem after i ran regular fuel instead of premium fuel, now i'm leaning toward the fuel pressure regulator. another mechanic thought it could be the sceen in the gas tant i don"t think so, cause i can turn the key off and back on and it resets it's self, but then it does it again, when i got the car home from my mechanics garage the catalytic converter was red hot not good.......................................................................
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you their
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Hi, can you describe the symptoms?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i did in the top of the screen
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you read it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
far i dont like this service
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
why is so slow to respond ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what is going on ?
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

I am sitting at home enjoying my evening. If you cannot be patient I will opt out.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i just paid for this service so i would like an answer !
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

I see no explanation of the problem at all in your original write up. This is what I see.

i have a 90 420 sel with a 86 motor in it, i took it to a repair shop to get it diagnosed and they narrowed it down to the catalytic converter a put a new one on and now it's worse, i noticed this problem after i ran regular fuel instead of premium fuel, now i'm leaning toward the fuel pressure regulator. another mechanic thought it could be the sceen in the gas tant i don"t think so, cause i can turn the key off and back on and it resets it's self, but then it does it again, when i got the car home from my mechanics garage the catalytic converter was red hot not good..

Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

The only symptom you describe is that the converter gets red hot.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when i apply the accelerator pedal it dies, either getting to much fuel or not enough
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Also, you may have made a deposit but I don't get paid anything for helping you unless you leave a positive rating for my service. I get the feeling you are so upset right now that there is no way you will rate my service positively regardless of the answer I provide. I'm happy to help you and give you advice but you need to assure me that you won't just take my information and leave. By the way, the money you paid is fully refundable. Let me know if you wish to continue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i will be calling customer service tomorrow to get my refund, thanks for nothing !
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i will never use this service again !
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

As I suspected. I will submit a refund request for you. Have a good night.