Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 1998 SL500. The ac fan continues to run after the

Customer Question

I have a 1998 SL500. The ac fan continues to run after the key is turn off. Is there a relay that needs to be replaced?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: park
JA: Are you fixing your SL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I would like to fix it myself. nothing yet. Had a service person look at it and said it was the relay.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

ok so your relay is in the drivers side engine bay fuse box, we need to remove the relay and the fans should stop, (obviously and hopefully) then we need to see if the relay is being activated or not by testing the pins where the relay goes, for power and ground, is this something that you can do or not?

here is the location of the relay, you will need to remove the fuse box cover completely, you take off the removable flap then unscrew the cover to access the relays in the back

any luck?