Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2008 CLK Licence Plate Bulb / Fuse location amd Number

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello terry. The lights are not powered by a fuse. They are powered by the rear Sam control unit that is part of the rear fuse box. Most times the housings corrode or terminals get weak and don't make contact or the wiring breaks from the trunk hinge area to the body. The harness bends a lot and the wiring breaks. So trace the wiring and see if you find broken wires. If not you need a scan tool to check and see if the rear lights can be activated. Most times if the license plate lights don't work then the brake light on the trunk won't work as well. So check that. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need more info. I'll do what I can to help. Lou P. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

terry did you still need assistance? i have not heard back from you regarding the light issue?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lou....Thanks for your help, found loose cable harness going to the Sam...only one lamp was out.
sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, in Florida, still drying out !!!!!!

ok sorry to bother :)

did not want to let you think i forgot about you, good deal, hope all is well in FL, let me know if you need further assistance. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.