Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2009 ML320 Bluetec at 96000 miles. A few days

Customer Question

I have a 2009 ML320 Bluetec at 96000 miles. A few days before performing service B the check engine light came on. The technician got Fault codes P133120 NOX sensor limit not reached and P118000 Sam Switching malfunction.
What do those codes mean? Is it safe to drive the car like this?
What should be the approximate cost to repair this(parts and labor)
Also this seems to have happened after the battery went dead and having to jump start the car. The other problem is that since then I have no sound from the speakers and no radio, the CD player works but no sound and bluetooth seems connected but again no sound from speakers. Could it be a fuse or a setting?
Thank you
Thank you
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

ok so the nox sensors are kinda pricey , they are a few hundred bucks, it will not harm the vehicle if they failed, they are for emissions. as for the sam code, that is not pulling up in the system. not sure if that is the correct code or not.

if this happened after jump starting the car then its possible the modules or certain fuses were damaged when jump starting. as for the radio, press the SAT button and tell me if it says NO SAT or SAT UNAVAILABLE that will tell me if we need to reset the satellite radio module under the drivers side back seat lower cushion.

if you can provide me with a printout of those codes that would help, i will do what i can to help , Lou P.

Peter did you need any follow up on this?