Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.
18617752

I accidently poured more than quart of motor oil in the

Customer Question

I accidently poured more than quart of motor oil in the transmition. Will it damage the transmition? Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately, more than a quart of motor oil mixed with the transmission fluid will have an affect on the operation of the transmission. I would strongly recommend that the vehicle not be driven very far or for very long and that transmission be drained, flushed and refilled with the correct transmission fluid as soon as possible. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Mario! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

..