Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

I pulled out of a business to the roadway and attempted to

Customer Question

I pulled out of a business to the roadway and attempted to accelerate but the car is only going 20mph with RPMs at 30 and 40. The more I accelerate the higher the RPM but the car is hardly moving and staying around 20mph.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: It has 83212 miles however this started a few months ago and the transmission was replaced with one with 50000+ miles
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2006 Ml 350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've had the transmission replace with a lower milage one. This weekend I'm suppose to get O2 sensor replaced
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has did this a day or 2 ago and when I restarted the car it was fine. It jerks when I go from Park to drive.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** transmission had gone into limp home mode. Turning the car off and back on will sometimes reset the transmission and it will shift normally. If that doesn't work you will need to get the car connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to check for fault codes in the transmission and traction control systems. The problem is typically caused by a faulty speed sensor. There are speed sensors in the transmission and at the 4 wheels.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

More than likely the problem will be with the transmission speed sensors.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.