Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I need to reset headrests on a e350 coupe 2014 after rear

Customer Question

I need to reset headrests on a e350 coupe 2014 after rear end collision
JA: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The body shop is fixing the bumper but I am going on a trip and I want to reset the headrests
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok

ok sorry for the delay, your model came with 2 kinds of neck pro head restraints, here is a excerpt from the manual on how to reset them, let me know if you have the one in the second picture and i can tell you how to reset that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQZHCcZMMM

here is a video for the one with the rod. hope this helps, let me know if you get it. they are pretty tricky the first time but are generally easy to do. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You were no help I saw the same video already my car does not have a tool I did the passenger side on my own but the driver side clips are in the locked position this car does need the tool
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to unlatch the clips that grab the rod

Wow that was harsh I am trying to help here. In order to unlatch the clip you need to press the release lever. It's hard to explain but on the latch there is a small lever that will pop the latch but you need to help it open as well with a small screwdriver.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't find a latch I have been feeling around for an hour

its a pain, i have had to do this myself only one time because if the headrest is not set down perfectly then it closes the latch , let me see what i can find.

in all of our mercedes info nothing shows the internals to the neck pro, if you cannot feel or see the latch mechanism you need to bring it to a dealer so they can activate the release with the scan tool,. that is the only other way or have then release the latch by hand. there is no other way to get it reset if the latch is already latched, im sorry.

i will open this up for another expert to see if they have another way or have dealt with this as well. i wish you the best, ***** ***** could not be of more help.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't know what this cost but it was not worth the $5.00 deposit make sure I have no subscription be usage this is a scam