Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I'm having a problem with the navigation command unit, 2004

Customer Question

hi. I'm having a problem with the navigation command unit
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2004 sl500
JA: Are you fixing your SL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet. I just started googling
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes. everything else in the car works fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the actual message I get is "flash file system damage will formatted now" but I've left it like that for hours without results
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

ok for this issue we have a bulletin that directs us to update the software of the head unit, you will need to bring the car to a dealer to update the software and then check the function . here is the bulletin, hope this helps. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
A couple of Google search results told me to take the head unit to a dealer for an update. The whole point of using this worthless site (which I thought was costing me $5, but cost me $31!!!!) was to avoid worthless responses like, take the head unit to the dealer. I thought I would get a uselful response on how to resolve the issue myself. This site is 100% a rip off! If using Google is all it takes to be a master tech Mercedes Technician, then I could be the same.

ouch, well google away then my friend,, i gave you the precise answer you needed, just because it is not what you wanted to hear does not mean that its not the correct info, and if you read the site correctly YOU chose the fee of 31$, its pretty cut and dry on that, sorry if you felt mislead . i even provided you with the bulletin showing you what you needed, sorry you feel that is not enough, im sure your local dealer would love to deal with you if you are the "i told you so" kind, i am here to help and we are a genuine site i am a real person with great feedback on my assistance. that is kinda harsh what you typed i do not deserve that , my 16 years dealer experience will rival any wannabe on the internet. sorry you felt this was a ripoff. take care. you are always welcome to a refund. that is also something that the site states clearly, not sure if you missed that as well. Lou P.